Reading assignments and syllabi will not be available until orientation.
- Joshua Dressler, Cases and Materials on Criminal Law (6th ed. West Group, 2012).
- Gertrude Block, Effective Legal Writing for Law Students and Lawyers (5th ed., 1999).
- Richard C. Wydick, Plain English for Lawyers (5th ed., 2010).
SSP textbooks may be purchased at the campus bookstore or udmercy-law.bncollege.com. If you have conerns about purchasing textbooks, contact the bookstore general manager at (313) 596-0267.
If you would like to read related material in the meantime, try:
- Dennis J. Tonsing, 1000 Days to the Bar, Hein 2003.
- Stropus and Taylor, Bridging the Gap Between College and Law School, Carolina Academic Press 2001.
- William Strunk Jr. and E.B. White, The Elements of Style, Allyn and Bacon 1979.