The CSO's experienced counseling team, consisting of licensed attorneys, offers individual counseling sessions to actively assist students in focusing on employment options that best match each student's interests and skills. In addition to covering traditional job search skills such as resume and cover letter critiques and interview preparation, CSO counselors help students create a tailored career roadmap to achieve students' personal career planning and professional development goals. Career counselors are available to meet with students and graduates in person, by telephone and, by Skype™. The CSO team also hosts daily walk-in hours to accommodate questions from students who do not have scheduled counseling appointments.
Friday, September 30, 2016.
- Dual JD program with the University of Windsor
- Extensive international law and comparative law courses
- Established relationship with Universite d’Auvergne in Clermont-Ferrand, France
- A legal writing program that starts in the first year and continues through the upper level courses.
- A clinical program that ensures every student the opportunity to represent a client.
- A unique law firm program that allows students to engage in simulated cases and transactions in specific practice areas.
- Downtown Detroit location provides proximity to courts and employers
- Strong Alumni Network dedicated to supporting Detroit Mercy Law graduates
- Ability to pursue a concentration in Immigration Law or Family Law
- Committed to developing lawyers who serve the public good
- Committed to serving the Detroit community
- Founded on Jesuit and Mercy principles of service and the success of each individual