In times of war, exhausted combat units requiring time to rest and recover were removed from the battlefields to a place of relative security and safety to Stand Down. At these secure base camp areas, troops were able to get clean uniforms, enjoy warm meals, receive medical and dental care and enjoy the camaraderie of friends in a safe environment. Today, Stand Down refers to a community-based intervention program designed to provide veterans, and their survivors, with a single point of access to multiple agencies. On September 20, Veterans Stand Down Macomb will bring together a broad range of services including medical, legal and mental health assistance, job counseling, housing referrals and much more. Flyer >>
Friday, September 30, 2016.
- Dual JD program with the University of Windsor
- Extensive international law and comparative law courses
- Established relationship with Universite d’Auvergne in Clermont-Ferrand, France
- A legal writing program that starts in the first year and continues through the upper level courses.
- A clinical program that ensures every student the opportunity to represent a client.
- A unique law firm program that allows students to engage in simulated cases and transactions in specific practice areas.
- Downtown Detroit location provides proximity to courts and employers
- Strong Alumni Network dedicated to supporting Detroit Mercy Law graduates
- Ability to pursue a concentration in Immigration Law or Family Law
- Committed to developing lawyers who serve the public good
- Committed to serving the Detroit community
- Founded on Jesuit and Mercy principles of service and the success of each individual