The Michigan Supreme Court has appointed alumnus Alan M. Gershel ('78) to be grievance administrator for the Attorney Grievance Commission. Mr. Gershel served in the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Michigan for nearly 30 years, including 19 years as Chief of the Criminal Division. He was an adjunct faculty member at UDM Law for approximately 20 years and has been honored as our Moot Court Alumni Member of the Year for his commitment to the program.
Friday, September 30, 2016.
- Dual JD program with the University of Windsor
- Extensive international law and comparative law courses
- Established relationship with Universite d’Auvergne in Clermont-Ferrand, France
- A legal writing program that starts in the first year and continues through the upper level courses.
- A clinical program that ensures every student the opportunity to represent a client.
- A unique law firm program that allows students to engage in simulated cases and transactions in specific practice areas.
- Downtown Detroit location provides proximity to courts and employers
- Strong Alumni Network dedicated to supporting Detroit Mercy Law graduates
- Ability to pursue a concentration in Immigration Law or Family Law
- Committed to developing lawyers who serve the public good
- Committed to serving the Detroit community
- Founded on Jesuit and Mercy principles of service and the success of each individual