12th annual voice for Justice Auction
The 12th annual Voice for Justice Auction will be held on Saturday, April 11th, 2015 beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the Stroh River Place.
This year's auction will include more than 200 items, including gift certificates, gift baskets, sports memorabilia, electronics, event tickets, and events hosted by the faculty. View Auction Guide >>
Advance tickets are $75 per person ($30 for UDM Law students) purchased online until noon on Friday, April 10 ($100 at the door).
Business attire - coats required for men, no denim allowed.
If you would like to be an event sponsor, please download the sponsorship form.
The University of Detroit Mercy School of Law strives to teach students to be both skilled practitioners and compassionate professionals. The Public Interest Fellowship Program expands our long-standing tradition of service to the community and provides students the opportunity to succeed while making a difference in the community.
Public Interest Law Fellowships
Students who receive Fellowships spend approximately eight weeks as summer interns for non-profit organizations that serve or advocate for the poor, disadvantaged, marginalized or under-represented of society. Since 2003, the Voice for Justice Fellowship Program has funded more than 90 law students to serve locally and throughout the world at organizations such as:
- Salvation Army
- American Bar Association Commission on Domestic Violence
- Innocence Project of Florida
- Cook County Public Defender's Office
- Michigan Department of Civil Rights
- Association of Defence Counsel - International Criminal Tribunal, The Hague
- Freedom House
- Association Jeunes pour Jeunes Social Center, Khemisset, Morocco
- Chaldean Federation of America
- Multicultural Council of Windsor
- Wayne County Neighborhood Legal Services
- African Women's Lawyers' Association, Accra, Ghana
- State Appellate Defenders Office
- Archdiocese of Detroit
- United Community Housing Coalition